5 Key Trends in the World of Career Education
- July 20, 2020
- Posted by: Blogger
- Category: Advice
Hats & Ladders was recently featured in a whitepaper released by Entangled Solutions (now part of Guild Education) outlining the various tools and resources available to students in their transition from education to career. Check out the white paper here: Unlocking Career Potential An Analysis of the Career Navigation & Guidance Product Landscape.
Their research found 5 key trends within the field of career education “that are both fueling the rise of career navigation products and creating many of the hurdles these products will have to clear as they look to expand their reach” (Entangled).
They reported 5 key trends in the field of career navigation, which are:
- Young people no longer have the illusion that college adequately prepares them for their careers.
- Our current labor market demands are evolving quickly, making it difficult to keep up.
- K-12 youth are rarely taught the importance of career preparation alongside furthering their education. It is one or the other.
- Career services in colleges are underfunded and underutilized.
- It is not enough to provide career skills for students, they need tools and resources.
Where does Hats & Ladders fit in?
Hats & Ladders was honored to appear as one of Entangled Solutions’ featured platforms, for we pride ourselves on being an exemplar of all of the addressed trends.
At Hats & Ladders, we know that career education is not a one-size-fits-all journey. It takes patience, support, and the right tools. Our aim is to provide high-school and college youth with the right career development tools—ones designed deliberately to supercharge career exploration! Our platform helps plant the seeds for potential career paths and leverages anytime, anywhere technology that youth are already using in their lives—their smartphones and tablets.